This statement is made pursuant to section 54 of the Modern Slavery Act 2015. It constitutes Elite Domiciliary Care Pvt Ltd slavery and human trafficking statement for the financial year ended 31 March 2019. this statement covers the activities of Elite Domiciliary Care Pvt Ltd,
Elite Domiciliary Care is one of the leading suppliers of healthcare professionals across the UK. Our teamwork with qualified candidates to provide the roles they need. Elite Domiciliary Care dedicated staffs available 24/7 to our valued Employers, specialising in last minute cover from our extensive database of qualified staff.
We have around 500 Health Care professionals and 25 Office based Staff, who are based in the United Kingdom. Our staff are largely directly employed and are generally not in any category which is seen to be vulnerable to modern slavery in this country, so our focus is to ensure there are policies and due diligence procedures in place for our suppliers.
Our Supply Chain
We are a provider of healthcare staff, home carers and support workers within the health and social care sectors. We have been delivering health and social care services throughout the UK since 2014.
We operate several internal policies to ensure that we are conducting business in an ethical and transparent manner.
- Anti-slavery policy. This policy sets out the organisation’s stance on modern slavery and explains how employees can identify any instances of this and where they can go for help.
- Recruitment policy. We operate a robust recruitment policy, including conducting eligibility to work in the UK checks for all employees to safeguard against human trafficking or individuals being forced to work against their will.
- Whistleblowing policy. We operate a ‘whistleblowing’ policy so that all employees know that they can raise concerns about how colleagues are being treated, or practices within our business or supply chain, without fear of reprisals.
- Safeguarding Children Policy (England/Wales and Scotland) 5. Adult Safeguarding / Protection (England/Wales and Scotland)
- Duty of Candour Policy
Other policies and procedures that further support the identification and management of Modern Slavery and Human Trafficking are:
- Accident and Incident Reporting Policy
- Equality and Diversity Policy
- Complaints policies (England, Scotland and Wales)
We conduct due diligence on all suppliers before allowing them to become a preferred supplier. This due diligence includes an online search to ensure each organisation has never been convicted of offenses relating to modern slavery and additional on-site audits which include a review of working conditions. Our future anti-slavery policy will form part of our contract with all suppliers and they are required to confirm that no part of their business operations contradicts this policy. In addition to the above, as part of our contract with suppliers, we require that they confirm to us that:
- They have taken steps to eradicate modern slavery within their business
- They hold their own suppliers to account over modern slavery
- UK based suppliers pay their employees at least the national minimum wage
- We may terminate the contract at any time should any instances of modern slavery come to light
We regularly conduct training for our staff and care teams such as induction and contract specific training. This ensures our staff understand the signs of modern slavery and what to do if they suspect that it is taking place within our business and/or supply chain. To maintain standards, we will provide refresher training annually, or more frequently in line with changes to legislation or best practice
Over the course of the next financial year we will continue to enhance our procedures to help us identify, prevent and mitigate any risks of modern slavery or human trafficking in relation to new and existing suppliers and in relation to our own operations.
This statement has been formally approved by the Trustees of Elite Domiciliary Care Pvt Ltd and the Directors of Elite Domiciliary Care Pvt Ltd Trading Limited and signed on their behalf.